Royal Life Saving is offering the following courses:
- CPP31218 Certificate III in Swimming Pool and Spa Service
- CPP41319 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Service
View the Course Brochure here which includes more details and information about the course.
This course complies with our Position Statement in respect to the qualifications required when operating a commercial aquatic facility. This statement is a result of the release of Queensland Healths water quality guidelines for public aquatic facilities (dated December 2019). The purpose of the guideline is to reduce risk to public health and the focus is on water quality associated risks.
The next Course is:
|Course Dates:||Monday 12 April 2021 to Wednesday 21 April 2021.|
The course is subject to minimum number which will be confirmed one week before course commencement.
1204 New Cleveland Road, Gumdale QLD
|Cost:||$3,600.00 (including GST)|
However 10% discount (so the course fee will be $3,240.00) if paid upfront
|Enquire:||Download the course enrolment form here, complete the form and send it to us.|
We will contact you following receipt of the form and discuss the course with you.
Position: Pool Operator Training
Royal Life Saving has released a Position Statement in respect to the qualifications required when operating a commercial aquatic facility. This statement is a result of the release of Queensland Health’s water quality guidelines for public aquatic facilities (dated December 2019). The purpose of the guideline is to reduce risk to public health and the focus is on water quality associated risks .
In accordance with Queensland Health’s water quality guidelines (P42) for public aquatic facilities our position is that all staff who operate aquatic facilities undergo appropriate training for the risk level of the facility.
The minimum standard for aquatic facilities is for staff to undertake a short course in Pool Plant Operations which includes the following units of competence:
- SISCAQU001 Test Pool Water Quality
- SISCAQU003 Maintain Aquatic Facility Plant and Equipment
- SISCAQU004 Develop and Implement Pool Water Maintenance Procedures
- SISCAQU005 Develop and Implement Aquatic Maintenance Procedures
- BSBRSK401 Identify Risk and Apply Risk Management Processes
High Risk Facilities
Our position is that staff working in high risk facilities responsible for water quality complete a Cert IV in Swimming Pool & Spa Service (CPP41319) by 31 December 2020. High risk facilities are defined as:
- Learn-to-swim pools
- Shallow-depth interactive play pools
- Artificial lagoons with unrestricted access
- Interactive water features
- Water slides
- Pools used by incontinent people
- Wading pools
- Program pools