The National Water Safety Summit 2022 will bring together people from across all areas of the water safety sector to reflect on progress and explore opportunities to strengthen alignment to the Australian Water Safety Strategy 2030 (AWSS).
This two-day National Summit will focus on:
- Energising the water safety sector across Australia after a challenging 2 years
- Connecting, collaborating, and sharing ideas among water safety researchers, policy makers and practitioners
- Driving the implementation of the AWSS 2030 and key activities towards achieving the goal of a 50% reduction in drowning
Royal Life Saving and Surf Life Saving are proudly supporting this event on behalf of the Australian Water Safety Council. We expect many friends and colleagues to contribute to the program and help make this event reinforcing of a collaborative approach to reducing drowning in Australia.
This event forms part of Australian plans to commemorate the 2nd UN declared World Drowning Prevention Day on 25 July 2022. This year WHO is encouraging individuals, groups, and governments to do one thing to prevent drowning.
The National Water Safety Summit 2022 will be held on Thursday 4th and Friday 5th August 2022 at the International Convention Centre (ICC) Sydney.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided. A networking social function is scheduled for the end of day one (Thursday).
Each day will include:
- Plenary sessions with keynote speakers
- Short presentations designed to stimulate your thinking
- Interactive workshopping and discussions
The following topics from the Australian Water Safety Strategy will be covered over the two-days:
- Priority Area – People:
- Children 0-4 years
- Priority Area – Places:
- River and lakes
- Aquatic Facilities
- Priority Area – Risk Factors
- Swimming and water safety skills
- Priority Area – Populations
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Multicultural communities
- Regional and remote communities
- Focus Area – Activities
- Boating and watercraft
- Fishing and rock fishing
- Diving and snorkelling
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
REGISTRATION PRICING DETAILS
|Full Two Day Registration||$495||Includes registration for Thursday 4th (including social function) and Friday 5th August 2022.|
|Single Day Registration||$300||Single day only – Thursday 4th or Friday 5th August 2022|
|Student Two Day Registration||$250||Proof of Student ID (full time) required|
|Student Single Day||$200||Single day only – indicate day 1 or day 2 during the registration process|
All rates quoted include GST and are in Australian dollars.
- All morning and afternoon teas and lunches during the program
- Free WiFi access throughout the venue
- A ticket to the networking social function on Day 1 – Thursday 4th August 2022 (RSVP is required for catering purposes and can be provided during the registration process)
- Access to recordings after the event
- Certificate of participation (if required)
- If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend the event, you are welcome to nominate a substitute to attend at no additional cost by Friday 28th July 2022.
- You are entitled to a refund if the cancellation is received on or before Friday 15th July 2022.
- However, refunds will be processed with a A$50 service charge applied per person of cancellation.
- Cancellations received after Friday 15th July 2022 are not eligible for refunds.
- Any cancellation or substitution requests should be made in writing and directed to firstname.lastname@example.org